Top Performing Cryptos in 2021
Top Performing Cryptos in 2021: We’ve spent some time and effort researching the most recent developments in crypto and blockchain to identify which ones have the staying potential as short- and long-term investments, unlike most copy-and-paste “best cryptocurrencies to invest in” lists that appear to be everywhere these days.
Why You Should Invest in Cryptocurrencies
- Apple, Google, Tesla, Samsung, Facebook, PayPal, Deutsche Bank, and many other well-known companies have recently included cryptocurrency in their long-term business goals.
- Cryptocurrency has evolved from being a specialized digital asset to something that is being widely used across many societal segments for a number of reasons.
Best Cryptocurrencies to Invest in This Year
- The best cryptocurrencies to invest your dollars or other fiat currencies in for the upcoming year are listing below.
Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) Chains
- Even for specialists, the details of Ethereum Virtual Machines can be fairly obscure.
- Therefore, even if we don’t have the space to get into them in this post (it’s best to look to Ethereum’s own description of EVMs), a brief explanation is necessary.
- The phrase interoperability is crucial here.
Binance Coin (BNB)
- Binance is the biggest and most well-known cryptocurrency exchange in the world, with $76 billion in daily trading activity, 600+ coins to pick from, 90 million registered users, and some of the lowest transaction costs.
- Binance’s BNB, which was initially an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum blockchain, is now issuing on Binance’s own blockchain and is used to pay transaction fees for financial services, entertainment and internet services, and even travel arrangements.
- There are some impressive stats providing by Polygon for people who are interesting in scaling Ethereum/Web3 projects.
- On its website, Polygon claims to have 130 million wallets, 1.3 billion recorded transactions, and just under 3 million active monthly users.
- The Polygon ecosystem uses its native token, MATIC, an ERC-20 token, for both governance and payment settlement.
- Fantom is an open-source smart contract platform for digital assets and apps that is quick and high-throughput (or decentralized applications).
- On Fantom, 200+ dApps have already been deployed, including DEXes, cross-chain bridges, lending and borrowing services, yield optimizers, and NFT platforms, tools, and wallets, according to the company’s website.
- If you’re searching for the blockchain industry’s quickest smart contracts platform, look
- Just look to Avalanche. Avalanche is seen as one of Ethereum’s key competitors along with Cardano and Solana, but the former two have lost a lot of ground in this regarding.
Best Crypto for Privacy, Scalability, Interoperability, and Digital Advertising
Moving away from EVM compatibility, we’re going to expand our list of the top cryptocurrencies for 2022 to cover a wide range of use cases, from privacy and scalability to interoperability and digital advertising.
Monero (XMR) and Privacy
- Monero was establishing in 2014 and prides itself on being a secret, decentralized cryptocurrency that shields money from prying eyes.
- Monero makes use of many privacy-enhancing technologies. Such as RingCT, Stealth Addresses, Ring Signatures, Transactions via Tor/I2P, and Dandelion++, using the proof-of-work (PoW) method RandomX, which is an ASIC-resistant and CPU-friendly algorithm.
Ripple (XRP/ XRP Ledger) and Scalability
- The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Which regards XRP tokens as unregistered securities, has been after Ripple Labs since 2020.
- It is clear why Ripple is on the US government’s attack list from a quick check at their website.
- They seek to offer quicker, more transparent. And more affordable alternatives than traditional financial services by utilising cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- Disruptors always have a remarkable knack for grabbing attention.
Polka dot (DOT) and Interoperability
- As the number of De-Fi and NFT-driven apps rises (i.e., there are more protocols and chains).
- Blockchain interoperability is becoming increasingly frustrating for developers. This is where Polka dot hopes to make a difference.
Also Read: Popular Crypto Scams